Our practice is focused on catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases in Georgia, primarily in the areas of trucking liability, products liability, premises liability, and appellate practice. Numerous cases have resulted in recoveries over a million dollars.
Mr. Shigley has over 41 years' experience trying cases in Georgia courts. Some examples of the types of case we handled successfully for our clients include:
- Hundreds of automobile crash cases. Mr. Shigley is a past chair of the Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway & Premises Liability Section of the American Association for Justice.
- Tractor-trailer. Semi trailer, dump truck and other large commercial truck crashes in which occupants of either another vehicle or the large truck itself were killed or seriously injured. Mr. Shigley has served on the national boards of the Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys andthe Trucking Litigation Group of the American Association for Justice, taught in continuing legal education programs on trucking litigation from coast to coast, and was chair of the Southeastern Motor Carrier Liability Institute.
- Bus crashes involving tour buses, company van crashes, school buses and transit buses. Among those was the crash of a tour bus in Atlanta carrying the a college baseball team from Ohio to Florida.
- Products liability cases involving defective design or manufacture of automobiles, trucks, tires, lift trucks, and industrial equipment.
- Many cases involving back injuries, brain injuries, concussions, spinal cord injuries and burns.
- Premises liability cases due to unsafe conditions in commercial properties, swimming pools, apartments, and parking decks. Mr. Shigley is a past chair of the Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway & Premises Liability Section of the American Association for Justice.
If you have been injured in an accident caused by another's negligence, contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your legal rights.
- Serious Personal Injury
- Truck Accident
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Georgia Trucking Laws and Regulations
- Truck and bus crash data
- Civil Enforcement of Fatigue-Related Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Federal regulations eliminate independent contractor defense in interstate trucking
- Truck lease may be inferred from words or conduct in absence of written lease
- Freight Brokers, Freight Forwarders and Forwarder-Common Carriers
- Punitive Damages for Violations of Hours of Service
- 100 Largest Trucking Companies
- Trucks hauling container freight from ocean ports
- Alabama 18 wheeler truck wrecks
- Alabama commercial truck accidents
- Alabama tractor trailer accidents
- Alabama semi truck accidents
- Death by Tractor Trailer
- 3 Unique Reasons to File Tractor Trailer Cases in Georgia
- Concrete Mixer Truck Accidents
- Logging Truck Accidents
- Products Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Self Help Resources
- Multijurisdictional Practice
- Health Insurance Liens
- Appellate Practice