There are many excellent Georgia attorneys available to you. None can honestly claim to be the best for every case. The one thing that is clear is that best, most professional lawyers, those most respected by judges and lawyers, never advertise on TV and billboards.
You felt that bad things would happen only to other people who were not as smart, as careful or as responsible as you and your loved ones. You may have felt that most personal injury lawsuits were frivolous, filed by people who refused to accept personal responsibility. Certainly not you.
But now catastrophe has struck you or your family. It’s clearly someone else’s fault. It’s not frivolous. The insurance company ignores you, tries to lull you into complacency or openly treats you with contempt. You feel betrayed. You never expected to need a personal injury lawyer, but now you need to find a caring and competent attorney to seek justice for you and your family.
Ken Shigley has a unique set of credentials for your case of wrongful death, or catastrophic brain, spinal cord, back, neck, burn or amputation injury arising from car, truck, premises and defective product incidents in Georgia. For whatever it may be worth, Ken Shigley is the only Georgia attorney who has this unique combination of qualifications:
- Professional leadership: President, State Bar of Georgia (2011-12); Chair, Institute for Continuing Legal Education in Georgia Board of Trustees (2012-13); Trustee, Institute for Continuing Judicial Education in Georgia (2013-14); American Bar Association House of Delegates (2013).
- Board certified civil trial attorney, National Board of Trial Advocacy (since 1995).
- Highest peer ratings: “AV Preeminent” rating in Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (since 1989); Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (since 1995); Super Lawyers (Atlanta Magazine, since 2004); Georgia Legal Elite (Georgia Trend, since 2004); Avvo 10.0.
- Author of Georgia Law of Torts: Trial Preparation & Practice (2010-14), published by the world’s largest law book publishing company.
- National leadership in practice area (Chair-elect, American Association for Justice Motor Vehicle, Highway & Premises Liability Section).
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, based on proven track record of seven figure settlements and verdicts.
- Included in “short list” of nominees for Georgia Court of Appeals by Judicial Nominating Commission (2012).
- Member of Christian Legal Society (since 1974).
- Experience personally and in his family with serious injuries, which helps him understand and communicate your pain and loss.
Combined with operational expertise and a caring commitment to client responsiveness, these qualifications can help us obtain optimal results for you and your family. If not the right lawyer for your case, he has access to a broad network of specialists, one of whom could be the right fit.