There are many excellent Georgia attorneys available to you. None can honestly claim to be the best for every case. The one thing that is clear is that best, most professional lawyers, those most respected by judges and lawyers, never advertise on TV and billboards.
Ken Shigley is a "lawyer's lawyer," frequently called upon by other lawyers to handle difficult cases, and by lawyers and judges to represent them personally.
He has a unique set of credentials for your case of wrongful death, or catastrophic brain, spinal cord, back, neck, burn or amputation injury arising from car, truck, premises and defective product incidents in Georgia. For whatever it may be worth, Ken Shigley is the only Georgia attorney who has this unique combination of qualifications:
- Professional leadership: President, State Bar of Georgia (2011-12); Chair-elect, American Association for Justice Motor Vehicle, Highway & Premises Liability Section (2014-15); Chair, Institute for Continuing Legal Education in Georgia Board of Trustees (2012-13); Trustee, Institute for Continuing Judicial Education in Georgia (2013-14); American Bar Association House of Delegates (2013).
- Board certified civil trial attorney, National Board of Trial Advocacy (since 1995).
- Highest peer ratings: “AV Preeminent” rating in Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (since 1989); Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (since 1995); Super Lawyers (Atlanta Magazine, since 2004); Georgia Legal Elite (Georgia Trend, since 2004); Avvo 10.0.
- Author of Georgia Law of Torts: Trial Preparation & Practice (2010-14), published by the world’s largest law book publishing company.
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, based on proven track record of seven figure settlements and verdicts.
- Included in “short list” of nominees for Georgia Court of Appeals by Judicial Nominating Commission (2012).
- Member of Christian Legal Society (since 1974).
- Experience personally and in his family with serious injuries, which helps him understand and communicate your pain and loss.
If not the right lawyer for your case, as a former State Bar president, he has access to a broad network of legal talent to find one that could be the right fit for you.